Maytag lists 14 current front loading washing machine models, 11 current top loading machines that qualify for Appliance Stimulus Package Rebates and the Energy Star website lists 5 additional models or model series of washing machines that are discontinued models or, new models not listed by Maytag. In order to qualify for the Appliance Stimulus Rebates the washing machine must be Energy Star Rated which then makes them eligible for purchasers to receive rebates of $50 – 200 dollars depending on the details of your states Appliance Stimulus Rebate Program. The Appliance Stimulus Package is part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act which as part its goals is to lower our energy consumption with appliances that will help lessen our dependence on foreign energy and help protect our environment.
With the average American family washing 400 loads of wash per year the average family can expect to lower their energy costs for clothes washing by 1/3, and their water usage by 1/2″ with the front-loading models. The average family using Energy Star front-load washers can expect a savings of about $135 each year while using 17 gallons less water per load. Another benefit is the Energy Star Washers are front-loading machines so your clothes will last longer without being beat up by the agitator and more clothes can fit into each load. The largest saving will be in the electrical usage where spin speeds over 1,000 RPM leave the clothes almost dry at the end of the wash cycle, yielding a tremendous savings in dryer run times. With almost 70% of our nations electrical energy supply coming from burning fossil fuels these washers can help lower greenhouse gas emissions.
The Maytag Front Loading Washing Machines that Qualify for Rebates are:
- Maytag Performance Series #MHWE950WW 4.5 cu. ft. Steam Washer available in White for $1599 MSRP.
- Maytag Performance Series 4.5 cu. ft. Steam Washer available as #MHWE550WW in White $1499 MSRP, in #MHWE550WR Crimson Red $1599 MSRP, and in #MHWE550WJ Oxide $1599 MSRP.
- Maytag Performance Series #MHWE500VW 4.1 cu. ft. Front Load Washer available in White for $1299 MSRP.
- Maytag Performance Series #MHWE450WW 4.5 cu. ft. Front Load Washer available in White for $1299 MSRP.
- Maytag Performance Series 4.5 cu. ft. Front Load Washer available as #MHWE400WW in White $1199 MSRP, and in #MHWE400#WR Crimson Red $1299 MSRP, and in #MHWE400WJ Oxide $1299 MSRP.
- Maytag Performance Series 4.1 cu. ft. Front Load Washer available as #MHWE300VW in White $999 MSRP, and in #MHWE300VF Crimson Red $1099 MSRP.
- Maytag Epic Z Series 3.7 cu. ft. Front Load Washer available as #MHWZ600TW in White & Chrome $799 MSRP, and in #MHWZ600TB Black & Chrome $899 MSRP.
- Maytag Epic Z Series #MHWZ400TQ 3.7 cu. ft. Front Load Washer available in White for $749 MSRP.
Additional Maytag Front Loading Models listed by Energy Star, which may be new or, discontinued models with limited availability include #’s: MHWE300W#, and MHWE900V#.
Maytag Top Loading Models that are Energy Star rated that Qualify for Rebates are:
- 5.0 cu. ft. model MVWB850WQ in white for $1199 MSRP, MVWB850WR in Crimson Red for $1299 MSRP, MVWB850WL in Lunar Silver for $1299 MSRP, and MVWB850WB in Black for $1299 MSRP.
- 5.0 cu. ft. model MVWB750W in white for $1099 MSRP, MVWB750WR in Crimson Red for $1199 MSRP, an MVWB750WB in Black for $1199 MSRP.
- 5.0 cu. ft. model MVWB450WQ in White for $999 MSRP.
- 4.7 cu. ft. model MVWB350WQ in White for $899 MSRP.
- 4.0 cu. ft. model MVWC7ESWW in White for $629 MSRP.
- 4.0 cu. ft. model MVWC6ESWW in White for $599 MSRP.
Additional Maytag Top Loading Models listed by Energy Star, which may be new or, discontinued models with limited availability include #’s: MVWB800V#, MVWB700V#, and MVWB400V#.
You can see Rebate Eligible Maytag Washing Machines, which are sold at Lowe’s, Home Depot, Sears, Best Buy, and many other locations.