The InSinkErator Evolution Septic Assist Disposer is part of the Insinkerator Evolution product line which is a culmination of InSinkErator’s 78 years of experience in designing, manufacturing, and selling over 100 million of the #1 Brand of garbage disposal. This Septic Assist Disposer features InSinkErator’s MutiGrind 2-Stage grinding technology, and SoundSeal Plus™ Technologies, which make the Evolution Excel product line, the quietest, most trouble free Disposers on the market today.
The entire InSinkErator Evolution Garbage Disposer line is a revolution in technology that incorporates both features for quiet operation and reliability into the line and the InSinkErator Evolution Septic Assist Disposer is the solution for homes that have septic systems. In the past garbage disposals were not recommended and often prohibited for installation in homes that had septic systems. The additional waste was thought to be too much for septic systems to handle and was thought to contribute to septic system failures. Today many people desire the convenience of a garbage disposal and septic system design requirements have been increased to accommodate the added waste load of a disposer. The InSinkErator Evolution Septic Assist Disposer features a Bio Charge Injection System that delivers a measured dose of a liquid containing surfactants, bacteria, and enzymes every time the disposer is used. This liquid comes from the Insinkerator Bio Charge Cartridge which lasts 3 – 4 months in average use and has a citrus scent which keeps your disposer smelling fresh in addition to the surfactants, bacteria, and enzymes in the liquid which help to clean the drain line and digest any waste, soap, and grease in the drain line in addition to the waste in the septic system itself. Garbage disposal is no longer a detriment to septic systems. The Insinkerator Bio Charge cartridge is easily replaced and is available at many stores and on-line as well.
The InSinkErator Evolution Septic Assist Disposal features include:
- MultiGrind a long lasting 40 ounce 2-stage stainless steel grinding chamber which will grind many foods that you would not dream of putting in another disposer.
- SoundSeal, which is an isolation mounting that insulates the Evolution Septic Assist Disposer from the sink and the drainpipe making it 30% quieter than many other disposers.
- Bio Charge Injection System which adds a measured dose of a liquid containing surfactants, bacteria, and enzymes, which keep drain lines clean and help digest the waste in the septic system, with a citrus scent that helps keep the disposer and drains smelling fresh.
- 3/4 Horsepower Dura-Drive 1725-RPM Induction Motor with manual reset overload protection.
- 4-Year Warranty, with In-Home Service covering parts and labor just call 1-800-558-5700, & press 2.
The owners of InSinkErator Evolution disposers give them rave reviews citing its quiet trouble free operation. I can tell you personally from a plumber’s point of view that I have never been to a service call on one for either a disposer jamb or a clogged drain resulting from improper grinding.
Insinkerator offers many accessories for their disposers such as color and finish coordinated flanges and stoppers, optional countertop mounted switches also color and finish coordinated, and a power cord kit.
The InSinkErator, the “Twist-On, Twist-Off” Quick-Lock Mount makes for an easy installation for anyone even a DIYer with only modest electrical and plumbing skills. Tools and supplies required would be: “Hercules Sta-Put Ultra Plumbers Putty” for a stain free installation on any sink, screwdriver, channel lock pliers, adjustable wrench, and tubular brass or, plastic drain tubing to fit your application.
Type of Feed: Continuous
On/Off Control: Wall Switch
Motor: Single Phase
Amp: (Avg. Load) 8.1
Time Rating: Intermittent
Lubrication: Permanently Lubricated Upper & Lower Bearings
Shipping Weight: (Approx.) 25.5 lbs.
Unit Finish: Black Enamel Gray TEN-1706
Overall Height: 12 5/8”
- Anti-Vibration Mount a flexible rubber mount lowering vibration transmission to the sink.
- Anti-Vibration Tailpipe Mount a flexible rubber mount for the disposer tailpiece lowering vibration transmission to the drainpipes.
- Quiet Collar Sink Baffle covering the opening of the sink drain controlling noise and splashing.
- SoundLimiter Insulation surrounding the unit controlling noise.
MultiGrind Technology featuring a GrindShear Ring a 2-stage dual action ring that grinds and shears waste.
Bio Charge Injection System to assist the septic system digesting the waste and help keep drain lines clean and fresh smelling.
Grind Chamber Capacity: 40 oz.
Motor Protection: Manual Reset Overload
Average Water Usage: 1/4 Gallon Per Person Per Day
Average Electrical Usage: 1/2 KWH Per month
Drain Connection: 1-1/2” Anti-Vibration (Hose Clamp)
Dishwasher Drain Connection: Yes