The InSinkErator Evolution Excel® is a culmination of InSinkErator’s 78 years of experience in designing, manufacturing, and selling over 100 million of the #1 Brand of garbage disposer. This “Top of the Line” disposer features the best of InSinkErator’s grinding and SoundSeal Plus™ Technologies making the Evolution Excel® the quietest most trouble free Disposer on the market today.
The entire InSinkErator Evolution Garbage Disposer line is a revolution in technology that incorporates both features for quiet operation and reliability into the line and the InSinkErator Excel® is the flagship of the line with more features than any of the other disposers in the InSinkErator Evolution line. No other disposer manufacturer can come close to the quietness or, reliability the InSinkErator Evolution line offers never mind compete with the InSinkErator Evolution Excel®.
The InSinkErator Evolution Excel® features include:
- MultiGrind Plus™ a long lasting triple stage stainless steel grinding chamber ensuring food is ground into the smallest possible size before entering the drain.
- SoundSeal Plus™ a superior isolation mounting which insulates the Evolution Excel® from the sink and the drain pipe making it 60% quieter than standard disposers.
- Jam-Sensor® Circuit which senses an impending jam and increases the torque of the motor up to 500% of its normal operating torque while pulsing 60 times per second giving it a hammering effect. The Jam-Sensor® Circuit can also reverse the rotation direction.
- 1.0 Horsepower Dura-Drive® 1725 RPM Induction Motor gives you the highest horsepower in the residential garbage disposers.
- 7-Year Warranty, We Come To You® In-Home Service covering parts and labor just call 1-800-558-5700, & press 2.
The owners of the InSinkErator Evolution Excel® give it rave reviews citing its quiet trouble free operation and many of them have purchased a second one after buying a new home. I can tell you personally from a plumbers view that I have never been to a service call on one for either a disposer jamb or a clogged drain resulting from improper grinding.
A full line of accessories such as color and finish coordinated flanges and stoppers, optional countertop mounted switches also color and finish coordinated, and a power cord kit make this an easy and attractive installation in any kitchen new, remodeled, or old.
The InSinkErator, the “Twist-On, Twist-Off” Quick-Lock® Mount makes for an easy installation for anyone even a DIYer with only modest electrical and plumbing skills. Tools and supplies required would be: “Hercules Sta-Put Ultra Plumbers Putty” for a stain free installation on any sink, screwdriver, channel lock pliers, fractional allen wrenches, and tubular brass or, plastic drain tubing to fit your application. If you do not have 120 volt electrical power under the sink an electrician may be needed to supply power to the disposer. The disposer should be on a GFCI protected circuit. The disposer adds 6 11/16″ to the depth of the drain. If the drain is not low enough in the wall a plumber may be needed to lower the drain in the wall. Additional pipes added to the trap effecting the depth of the trap water seal can have an adverse effect on drainage and void the disposer warranty due to improper installation.
Type of Feed: Continuous
On/Off Control: Wall Switch
Motor: Single Phase
Reversing: Auto-Reverse Grind System™ feature
Amp: (Avg. Load) 10.2
Time Rating: Intermittent
Lubrication: Permanently Lubricated Upper & Lower Bearings
Shipping Weight: (Approx.) 25.5 lbs.
Unit Finish: Stainless Steel Light Gray TEN-1706
Overall Height: 13-1/2”
SoundSeal Plus Technology™
- Anti-Vibration Mount™ a flexible rubber mount lowering vibration transmission to the sink.
- Anti-Vibration Tailpipe Mount™ a flexible rubber mount for the disposer tailpiece lowering vibration transmission to the drain pipes.
- Quiet Collar™ Sink Baffle covering the opening of the sink drain controlling noise and splashing.
- Multi-Layer SoundLimiter™ Insulation surrounding the unit controlling noise.
MultiGrind Plus Technology™
- GrindShear Ring™ a dual action ring that grinds and shears waste through 40 pass through windows.
- Tri-Action Lug System™ feature includes fixed and swivel lugs that help grind the waste better and creates a water rinsing effect that helps keep the disposer clean and odor free.
- Undercutter Disk™ Third Stage Grinder a rotating disc behind the grind shear ring that cuts waste one more time reducing clogs.
- Jam-Sensor Circuit™ that senses an impending jam and can increase motor torque up to 500%, with 60 pulses per second creating a hammering effect, and can reverse motor rotation.
Grind Chamber Capacity: 40 oz.
Motor Protection: Manual Reset Overload
Average Water Usage: 1/4 Gallon Per Person Per Day
Average Electrical Usage: 1/2 KWH Per Month
Drain Connection: 1-1/2” Anti-Vibration (Hose Clamp)
Dishwasher Drain Connection: Yes