The InSinkErator Evolution Cover Control Disposer is part of the Insinkerator Evolution product line which is a culmination of InSinkErator’s 78 years of experience in designing, manufacturing, and selling over 100 million of the #1 Brand of garbage disposal. This Cover Control Disposer features InSinkErator’s MutiGrind 2-Stage grinding technology with a stainless steel grinding chamber, and SoundSeal Plus™ Technologies, which make the Evolution Excel product line, the quietest, most trouble free Disposers on the market today.
The InSinkErator Evolution Cover Control Disposer has Magnetic Cover Start Activation where the cover goes on and is turned to the proper location before the disposer starts and grinds the waste. Some people are more comfortable with this feature feeling that things won’t get accidentally washed or fall into the disposer while it is grinding.
The InSinkErator, the “Twist-On, Twist-Off” Quick-Lock Mount makes for an easy installation for anyone even a DIYer with only modest electrical and plumbing skills. Tools and supplies required would be: “Hercules Sta-Put Ultra Plumbers Putty” for a stain free installation on any sink, screwdriver, channel lock pliers, adjustable wrench, and tubular brass or, plastic drain tubing to fit your application. The owners of InSinkErator Evolution disposers give them rave reviews citing its quiet trouble free operation. I can tell you personally from a plumber’s point of view that I have never been to a service call on one for either a disposer jamb or a clogged drain resulting from improper grinding.
The InSinkErator Evolution Cover Control Disposers other features include:
- MultiGrind a long lasting 40 ounce 2-stage stainless steel grinding chamber which will grind many foods that you would not dream of putting in another disposer.
- SoundSeal, which is an isolation mounting that insulates the Evolution Cover Control Disposer from the sink and the drainpipe making it 60% quieter than many other disposers.
- 3/4 Horsepower Dura-Drive 1725-RPM Induction Motor with manual reset overload protection.
- A Removable Sink Baffle
- 7-Year Warranty, with In-Home Service covering parts and labor just call 1-800-558-5700, & press 2.
Insinkerator offers many accessories for their disposers such as color and finish coordinated flanges and stoppers, and a power cord kit.
Type of Feed: Batch
On/Off Control: Cover Control
Motor: Single Phase
Amp: (Avg. Load) 8.1
Time Rating: Intermittent
Lubrication: Permanently Lubricated Upper & Lower Bearings
Shipping Weight: (Approx.) 23.5 lbs.
Unit Finish: Black Gray TEN-1706
Overall Height: 13 1/3”
- Anti-Vibration Mount a flexible rubber mount lowering vibration transmission to the sink.
- Anti-Vibration Tailpipe Mount a flexible rubber mount for the disposer tailpiece lowering vibration transmission to the drainpipes.
- Quiet Collar Sink Baffle covering the opening of the sink drain controlling noise and splashing.
- SoundLimiter Insulation surrounding the unit controlling noise.
MultiGrind Technology featuring a GrindShear Ring a 2-stage dual action ring that grinds and shears waste.
Grind Chamber Capacity: 40 oz.
Motor Protection: Manual Reset Overload
Average Water Usage: 1/4 Gallon Per Person Per Day
Average Electrical Usage: 1/2 KWH Per month
Drain Connection: 1-1/2” Anti-Vibration (Hose Clamp)
Dishwasher Drain Connection: Yes
The InSinkErator Evolution Cover Control Disposers are available at Home Depot, Lowes, and many other locations. Check them out today.