The InSinkErator Evolution Compact is part of the Insinkerator Evolution product line which is a culmination of InSinkErator’s 78 years of experience in designing, manufacturing, and selling over 100 million of the #1 Brand of garbage disposer. This Compact disposer features InSinkErator’s MutiGrind 2-Stage grinding technology and SoundSeal Plus™ Technologies which make the Evolution Excel product line the quietest most trouble free garbage disposal units on the market today.
The entire InSinkErator Evolution Garbage Disposer line is a revolution in technology that incorporates both features for quiet operation and reliability into the line and the InSinkErator Compact is the solution for those that do not have a lot of space in the cabinet under their sink. The InSinkErator Evolution Compact measures only 12 1/8” in height and has a distance of only 6” from the sink to the centerline of the waste disposal outlet allowing installation in very tight spaces.
The InSinkErator Evolution Compact features include:
- MultiGrind a long lasting 34.6 ounce 2-stage stainless steel grinding chamber which will grind many foods that you would not dream of putting in another disposer.
- SoundSeal, which is an isolation mounting that insulates the Evolution Compact from the sink and the drainpipe making it 30% quieter than many other disposers.
- 3/4 Horsepower Dura-Drive 1725-RPM Induction Motor with manual reset overload protection.
- 4-Year Warranty, with In-Home Service covering parts and labor just call 1-800-558-5700, & press 2.
The owners of the InSinkErator Evolution Compact give it rave reviews citing its quiet trouble free operation. I can tell you personally from a plumber’s point of view that I have never been to a service call on one for either a disposer jamb or a clogged drain resulting from improper grinding.
Insinkerator offers many accessories for their disposers such as color and finish coordinated flanges and stoppers, optional countertop mounted switches also color and finish coordinated, and a power cord kit.
The InSinkErator, the “Twist-On, Twist-Off” Quick-Lock Mount makes for an easy installation for anyone even a DIYer with only modest electrical and plumbing skills. Tools and supplies required would be: “Hercules Sta-Put Ultra Plumbers Putty” for a stain free installation on any sink, screwdriver, channel lock pliers, fractional allen wrenches, adjustable wrench, and tubular brass or, plastic drain tubing to fit your application.
Type of Feed: Continuous
On/Off Control: Wall Switch
Motor: Single Phase
Amp: (Avg. Load) 8.1
Time Rating: Intermittent
Lubrication: Permanently Lubricated Upper & Lower Bearings
Shipping Weight: (Approx.) 19.5 lbs.
Unit Finish: Black Enamel Gray TEN-1706
Overall Height: 12 1/8”
- Anti-Vibration Mount a flexible rubber mount lowering vibration transmission to the sink.
- Anti-Vibration Tailpipe Mount a flexible rubber mount for the disposer tailpiece lowering vibration transmission to the drainpipes.
- Quiet Collar Sink Baffle covering the opening of the sink drain controlling noise and splashing.
- SoundLimiter Insulation surrounding the unit controlling noise.
MultiGrind Technology featuring a GrindShear Ring a 2-stage dual action ring that grinds and shears waste.
Grind Chamber Capacity: 34.6 oz.
Motor Protection: Manual Reset Overload
Average Water Usage: 1 Gallon Per Person Per Day
Average Electrical Usage: 3-4 KWH Per Year
Drain Connection: 1-1/2” Anti-Vibration (Hose Clamp)
Dishwasher Drain Connection: Yes